Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Saturday, August 11, 2007

Going to the dogs?


I love my two dogs. Blondie (pictured) has been a member of our family for over 16 years. When we got her, my daughters were 2 ½ and 1 year old…they don’t remember life without her. Her buddy Charlie has been with us over four years and since being introduced to the “good life” has certainly made himself at home. Most of us understand that these are God’s creatures and He loves them.

The recent tragedy of dog fighting has been in the news lately involving Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick. It’s a horrible story and the outcry for justice around the country is warranted. It does however, make me think.

As much as I agree with the majority that this type of violence to animals is cruel (and a grave sin), I am dismayed that the same voices aren’t also decrying the inhumanity of abortion. As a nation, for over thirty years, we have been putting our unborn babies to death. For those of you who know how an abortion is performed, you know that it is an inhumane and ghastly procedure.

Has our nation gone to the dogs? Probably not very fair to the dogs. Abortion is the penultimate form of child abuse. Does the moral decay of our country coincide with the Roe vs. Wade decision? I believe it does. Until we stop the legal murdering of our unborn, we as a Christian community must continue to pray for and fight against it.

I love dogs and hope that justice in this case is served. I also love humans, and pray that human life be respected from conception to natural death. Will you pray with me?

P.S. Remember to pray for your children today!


Dan

No comments: