This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.
You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.
Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Obviously, these are Diocese rules and every Diocese is a bit different. These two were ones I have never seen. First, the second half of the Eucharistic Prayer was performed with the congregation standing. We all stood at the acclamation and stayed that way. Second, right after the final prayer before Communion, everyone sat down - not kneeled - but sat down. That was weird. I couldn't do it so I stayed kneeling.
One final welcoming thing - the priest asked if there were any visitors and we all stood. Not too uncommon except then he led a Hail Mary for the intentions of the visitors. Very cool.
It goes to show you that although we all believe the same, our methods can be slightly different. In a way, sort of a metaphor for life. It's always good to learn from different cultures. Understanding and peace would be great by-products of that! Maybe we can take a cue from the priest and say a Hail Mary for all our visitors. That would be a start!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
- I wanted to post a minimum of twice a week. Closer to twice a month. Ugh! June will be better!
- I wanted to have my Word Press web site for The Catholic Dad up. Whoops. Let's move that to June.
- I wanted to recite the Rosary every day...not quite there.
- I'm supposed to be reading the Bible every day for my 12 month goal. Right now I'm playing catch up.
- I finally made it to confession this past weekend - the first time since February. My monthly goal was extended...that will need to improve.
- I had high hopes of making Daily Mass - either in person, by radio or TV (EWTN for those of you who don't know). Aaargh! Better luck next month.
Well, I feel better. Never a bad time for an examination of conscience. And, never a bad time for confession, either. When was the last time you did an examination of conscience. As we head towards the midway point of the year, maybe it's a good time.
I'll check back during the next month to see how my inadequacies in May shape up in June. Pray for me...and I will for you. Next game!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Friday, May 2, 2008