Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mother Teresa - A Saint for Our Generation

Today is the Feast Day of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Though not canonized YET, her feast day marks the date of her passing from this world 10 years ago. In honor of this day, I will share an article I received this morning from American Minute with Bill Federer. He says it better than I can...

Just five days after Princess Diana was killed, Mother Teresa died SEPTEMBER 5, 1997.

The daughter of an Albanian grocer, she joined an order at age 18 and began working in the slums of Calcutta.
Starting the Missionaries of Charity, which care for the blind, aged, lepers, crippled, and dying, Mother Teresa stated:
"I see Jesus in every human being. I say to myself, this is hungry Jesus, I must feed him. This is sick Jesus. This one has leprosy or gangrene...I serve because I love Jesus."
A Nobel Prize recipient, 83-year-old Mother Teresa spoke to 3,000 attendees, including President and Mrs. Clinton and Vice-President Al Gore at the National Prayer Breakfast, February 3, 1994:
"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself, and if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?"
Mother Teresa continued:
"Please don't kill the child...give me the child. I am willing to accept any child who would be aborted and to give that child to a married couple who will love the child and be loved by the child."
--

If you enjoy receiving the American Minute, please forward to your friends by clicking
http://www.imailbot.com/lists/?p=forward&profile=amerisearch&profile=amerisearch&uid=41e37d8287efc67eb491cad8b854f42d&mid=326

or encourage your friends to subscribe at http://www.blogger.com/www.AmericanMinute.com

Dan

P.S. If you're interested in learning more about Blessed Mother Teresa's life, click here to visit a web site hosted by EWTN.

No comments: