Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Frog and Jesus

This morning I was at my Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration hour when a funny thing happened (sounds like the opening of a joke, huh).

I was reading my Bible, specifically the Book of Jonah, in the chair right next to the door. It was about halfway through my hour and I dropped my tissue on the floor. When I bent over to pick it up, I noticed that I had company.

A tiny, green tree frog had entered the chapel underneath the door. He was sitting their ever so quietly pointed in the direction of the Eucharist. I stared at him for awhile, wondering if he was going to move. He didn't. He sat perfectly still staring (or seemingly so) right at Jesus.

This gave me pause for thought. "Every creature will bow down..." came into my head. Here was this little creature of God,sitting silently in an adoration chapel and in his own reptilian way (OK are frogs reptiles?) praising his maker.

You may be saying, "Dan...are you kidding?" No...I'm not. At the very least, he offered me company. I consider him a small gift from God to start my day, just like Zack was a few weeks (and blog posts) ago. Ironically, my little frog friend turned around and left with about 2 and a half minutes left in the hour. That made me chuckle. I guess he knew I would soon be leaving too!

The moral of this story...what small gift has God given you today? He will give you one. Are you prepared to receive it?

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

No comments: