Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sacrifice in your daily work...

My apologies to all my loyal blogging pals...

I've not been as consistent as I'd like the last few weeks in keeping up with my blog posts. I will attempt to make sure that becomes a thing of the past. I've found myself very busy with my Rotary Auction, Toastmasters speech competition, and business in general. In fact, it makes me ponder how much time and effort are put into all of these things, leaving less time to pray.

I was recently reading on the Divine Mercy Chaplet and part of it read about the sacrifice of your time and work for others...namely those souls who have no one to pray for them. Being busy at work isn't a bad thing, although it can be improved if you offer it as a sacrifice for others.

In these busy times for me, I'm making an effort to keep this thought in my mind. As I work and struggle through each day, if I make it a sacrificial offering for a soul that needs it, it becomes more rewarding for me and more valuable for that soul. Sort of a win-win situation.

The next time you find yourself overwhelmed with work, think about offering it up for someone (or some soul) less fortunate.

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

No comments: