Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Thursday, February 26, 2009

Book Review - Quiet Strength


Hey Dads, here's a great book to read. I just finished the book Quiet Strength by former Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy. Coach Dungy isn't Catholic but he has a very strong Christian faith that resonates throughout his book. In fact, more than football, Quiet Strength discusses issues dealing with being a loving husband, a strong father, a good son, and a great friend. In fact, one of his mentors is the Hall of Fame coach Chuck Noll who is a strong Catholic.

How did it impact me? It led me back to a conversation my wife, Barb and I have been having for the past three years. Tony and his wife , Lauren have adopted two children in the past several years. Barb and I have discussed the same thing, but I was the one dragging my cold feet. Reading this book during my Holy Hours helped me see that God is telling me its time. So, we have contacted Catholic Community Services and have started down that path. I believe God put this book in my lap in part to lead me this way.

Great book - inspirational and powerful. Oh, by the way, if you're a football fan like me, there's plenty of that in there, too!

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

No comments: