Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Monday, October 1, 2007

The Little Way

Today is the Feast Day of one of my "Soul Sisters" - Saint Therese of Liseaux. Known as "The Little Flower" she is a Doctor of the Church. More importantly, she teaches us the importance of doing all the "little things" in our day with love and gratitude to God.

It's ironic because she's had an influence on my work today. As I prepare to leave on a business trip tomorrow for several days, my mind is racing with all the things I need to get done before I go. Sometimes when this happens, I find myself not doing any of them very well!

In recollecting Saint Therese's words, "I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifice to all ecstasies. To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul", it helps me to remember to slow down and do each task, regardless of its magnitude, to the best of my ability for the glory of God. Saint Therese knew the value of the little way. Do we?

Think this week of Saint Therese when the difficult and mundane tasks come your way. Whether it's at work or at home, take the time to complete the task to the best of your ability. Consider it like Saint Therese did; as an opportunity to convert a soul.

By the way, this is the month of the Rosary. I encourage you to pray a Rosary daily and think of it as your "little way". Just think if we all did that!

Dan

P.S. Starting in January, you will be able to take part in my Monthly Conference Calls. You will have the opportunity to hear great guests discuss different aspects of our Catholic faith. More information is forthcoming, so stay tuned!

No comments: