Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Monday, January 21, 2008

How valuable is your time?


I once asked a client what he thought his time was worth. He answered without hesitation – “$300 per hour”. Okay. I can buy that. If your time was worth $300 per hour, how much money do you waste a day?

This was never more evident for me than this past week when I had a SNAFU with my e-mail. Seems I was “hijacked” and had a bunch of SPAM spewing from my e-mail out something I learned that is called “port 25”. Well, Comcast didn’t like that, so they shut down port 25. From Wednesday morning on, I could receive e-mail but not send from my Outlook. Big problem.

It would have been nice if Comcast would have advised me. I guess that would have been too easy. After all, how many hours could I have saved had I knew WHY I couldn’t send e-mails?

Fortunately, I had a member of my Toro Team help me get through this hurdle. Without his help, I would have wasted much more time.

I learned a valuable lesson during this time. I kept hearing the words “Be still and know I’m here.” In my frustration, I found that taking time and giving it to God was the best way I could deal with the situation. Your time is valuable. Think of the rewards you receive when you give it to God. You may find that he gives it back to you many times over!

What’s your time worth?

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

P.S. One valuable way to spend your time is by signing up for my teleconference on Wednesday with Teresa Tomeo. She will be teaching you how to wage the battle against the secular media for the minds and souls of your children. The time you spend building up your “artillery” will be a great return on your investment! To learn more, click here…

No comments: