Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Friday, January 18, 2008

Love - Hate relationship

Technology has made it possible for me to work from home. I'm very grateful for it.

When it goes south...I hate it. My e-mail has gone haywire. I can receive e-mails but I'm not being allowed to send out. That's a problem. When 80% of your communication is down, it's disabling. The time spent to work on it is usually never considered as part of a loss of production.

However, it has given me time to think...

I wonder what God thinks when he receives e-mails (our prayers) and tries to reply, yet we aren't listening? Think about it. We send God a spiritual e-mail, yet are closed off to his response. Why?

Maybe we don't like His answer. Maybe we aren't listening due to all the noise around us. Maybe we just don't know HOW to listen.

Quiet time is vital. God speaks to us in silence. Take time out of your busy day to mediate in silence and listen for Him. And...be open to His suggestions not yours. That's the hard one for me.

How's your spiritual e-mail working? Is it truly a two-way communication?

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

P.S. Speaking of noise, time is running out to register for my teleconference interview with Teresa Tomeo this Wednesday at 6:00pm PST (9:00pm EST). To register now, go to my website and sign up. This will be YOUR opportunity to ask Teresa how to beat the secular media in the fight for your children's souls. If you have kids or grand kids, you won't want to miss it! Go to www.danweedin.com to learn more.

No comments: