Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Super Fat Tuesday


Where else but in America can we have a day that is both fat and super?

The day before Ash Wednesday has been called "Fat Tuesday" because it's the day you eat plenty in preparation of a day of fasting tomorrow. Now, I'm not saying we have to go as far as the Mardi Gras crowd, but it is a day to celebrate as we dive headfirst into Lent. Remember, all able bodied Catholics between 18-59 are required to fast tomorrow. Even you on the fringes who are in good health should, too! Take today to store away what you need to sustain you if need be, and be ready for tomorrow. I will post a special piece on Ash Wednesday.

And of course our nation goes politically crazy today as 22 states vote in the primary known as Super Tuesday. We in Washington vote on the 19th. Mike Huckabee is now the endorsed candidate by the National Right to Life organization. To see their endorsement letter, click here.

This election has to be about the right to life. Yes...there are many important issues that face our nation. That being said, I can't think of one more important than the basic right to life given to us by God, can you?

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

P.S. You know what else happens on the 19th? My interview with Doug Strauss. Don't miss it...all you have to do is e-mail me at dan@danweedin.com and you are in for FREE. Call now to save your space.

P.S.S. Glad you read down to here. On Tuesday, February 12 I am honored to be a guest on Tom Curran's morning show on Sacred Heart Radio called Sound Insight. Tom is a great Catholic radio personality, apologetic, and spreader of the faith. I'm excited to be on his show. I hope you will join us on February 12th at 8:00am on 1050AM Sacred Heart Radio. To learn more about Tom, click here.

No comments: