Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm back!


I'm sorry to have taken a whole week off from blogging but I caught that nasty cold mid-week and it really got me down until yesterday (just in time to enjoy the Super Bowl). I'm feeling almost back to normal so I'm off to posting again!

That being said, I hope you will join me this week as I catch up on my posts by discussing Lent. Ash Wednesday is this week and that kicks off our preparation for Easter. Please check in often and add any comments you'd like to voice.

Prior to yesteday's Super Bowl, ESPN aired a special called the "Faith Bowl". It was a roundtable discussion with Catholic sports and acting celebrities. The panel included Jeff Suppan (Major Leage Baseball), Chris Horn (NFL player), Lauren Bauer (professional softball), and actors Matthew Marsden (Rambo), Eduardo Verástegui (Bella) and Chris Kramer (The Collector). It was in interesting discussion centered around how these atlete and actors are able to keep Christ and their Catolic faith the center aof their lives.

It's all part of a new organization called Catholic Athletes for Christ. To learn more about this organization, go to www.CatholicAthletesForChrist.com. They have put together some marvelous videos aimed at helping youg people live their faith. If you have a young athlete in your family, it's worth looking at their site.

I'll be back quite a bit more this week as we charge into Lent. I hope to see you here!

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

P.S. Don't forget about my interview with Doug Strauss on February 19th. Space is limited so please e-mail me at dan@danweedin.com and tell me you want to join this FREE event. To learn more about Doug and his daughter Gloria, go to www.gloriastrauss.org.

P.S.S. I will be the Master of Ceremonies for a kick off for 40 Days for Life in Bremerton on Tuesday, February 5 at Holy Trinity Church. Check out how you can help your local 40 Days for Life campaign. Download a brochure from this site.

No comments: