Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weekend in Victoria

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted a blog...sorry. I'm chairing the auction for my Rotary Club and also doing President-Elect "stuff". In fact, I was in Victoria BC over the weekend for a Rotary conference and I had the chance to go to St. Andrew Cathedral in Victoria. It's a beautiful church...it's everything you would picture a cathedral to be.

The cool thing was I was going to daily Mass on Saturday morning at 9:30. I got there early because I wanted to make sure I ate in time to take Communion and so I had time on my hands. I decided to go into pray by the Blessed Sacrament and to my joy I found there was a Rosary just starting!

It felt like God had taken me there early for a reason. One of those small gifts that God will bestow upon you just when you need it!

Vivat Jesus,

Dan

P.S. I'd love it if you can help out my Rotary auction. It's online this year. We raise thousands of dollars to help people all over the world. The Rotary motto is "Service Above Self". Stewardship is what we are all about. You can help us by bidding on some very cool things online starting next Tuesday. Check out what we have by clicking here, or cutting and pasting this URL - http://poulsborotary.cmarket.com.

No comments: