Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog about Catholic life and family values.
This blog will center around the beauty of Catholicism and how to raise families, evangelize our faith, and fight the ongoing spritual battles that challenge us daily.

You are invited to share your wisdom on these pages with all the readers. Together we will address important life and faith issues and how to enhance our Catholic identity.

Key areas that you will find me addressing regularly will be about important Catholic doctrine and beliefs and how they help us raise strong Catholic Christian families. My hope is that you will learn, enjoy, and be challenged by my posts. You may be informed, amused, or even annoyed, but I hope it will in some way improve your Catholic faith.



Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Deacons...

Tonight, my family will be attending a celebration for our deacon who just passed 25 years of service. What a wonderful vocation being a deacon is. I'm sure it has been a blessing to him and his wife, however I actually think of all the blessings he has bestowed on others all those years. Deacon Carl is an excellent homilist and we constantly ask him for copies of his talk. My dad came into the Church in 1998 and his formation was led by a deacon. And, in the parish my wife works at, the long-time deacon, Deacon Jim, has been a fixture in the lives of parishioners and students for years and is dearly loved.

Regardless of duty, whether it be a wedding funeral, or other ministry, deacons are a vital pat of the success of a parish and diocese. The month of November marks the ordination of many new deacons, so hats off and prayers to all of them. I know I've been guilty of taking them for granted by just assuming they are always just there. Celebrations like tonight remind me about the time, effort, and sacrifice they make. Next time you see your deacon, thank them for their service...they deserve it!

No comments: